The quickest and easiest way to sync an iPhone to a new windows PC is copy all the iPhone/iPad files and backups from your old computer to your new one. The data is contained in several directories.
- If you only want to sync and don’t care about the your saved content, the /MobileSync/Backup/ directory is all you need to copy over
- If you also want to copy over your music and videos, then you will have copy over the iTunes directory as well
- Ensure iTunes is closed on your PC
- You need to copy the “\MobileSync” and “\Preferences” folders to sync the device. If you require your music you also need to copy the “\iTunes” folder
- For Windows 7 these directories are located here where “USERNAME” is your windows logon:
4. For older versions of Windows (Windows XP) the directories can be located here:
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
5. Copy over the required directories to their similiar locations on your new PC. Then open iTunes and your apple device should sync as before.
6. You may also be required to Authorise the computer though iTunes to ensure all your apps are copied over. This option can be found in the menu “Store” -> “Authorize This Computer…”