Stuck on a PC without SQL Management Studio? There is a utility built into windows that can be used to test SQL connections.
Open up an explorer window:
– Right click create a file name testConnection.udl
– Accept that the changes and double click on the file
– This will open up a “Data Link Properties” window
– Click on the Provider tab, and select “Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server”
– Click on the Connection tab and populate it with your connection details
– Click on the “Test Connection” button.